This conference brings together experts from diverse scientific and professional backgrounds, with the aim of exploring and advancing the use of systematic analytical techniques in establishing a solid methodological foundation for developing innovations and innovation ecosystems that contribute to improved competitiveness and enhance the quality of life.
- Build successes through digitalization and platform businesses
- Gain insights into innovations & innovation ecosystems
- Take part in shaping Finland’s strategies for the future
- Learn from experts about structuring uncertainties
Who should attend?
- Industrialists in technology, strategy and digitalization
- Policy makers with interests in digitalization and its impacts in energy & climate, health & environment, research & education
- Researchers and academics
in innovation studies, technology management, business strategy, decision analysis, expert judgements
Keynote presentations will be given by:
Vladimír Šucha, Director-General of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission
Luca Iandoli, Professor,University of Naples Federico II, Presidentof the International Councilfor Small Business
Markku Markkula, President of the European Committee of the Regions
George Wright, Professor, University of Strathclyde
Jyrki Kasvi, Member of the Finnish Parliament, Research and Development Manager of the Finnish Information Society Development Centre
Janica Ylikarjula, Chief Policy Adviser, Confederation of Finnish Industries
Jarno Limnéll, Professor of Practice, Cyber Security, Aalto University
Leena Mörttinen, Executive Director at The Finnish Family Firms Association
Particular emphasis will be placed on creating an improved understanding of
1. how digitalization as a pervasive technological force will transform industries, services and societies through systemic and even disruptive innovations;
2. how analytical methods (including but not limited to expert judgement elicitation and synthesis) can be harnessed to enhance foresight activities, to support decisions in innovation and technology management, and to inform the shaping and implementation of effective innovation policies, broadly defined.
The conference is organized in collaboration with the COST Action IS1304 on Expert Judgment Network: Bridging the Gap Between Scientific Uncertainty and Evidence-Based Decision Making and the two projects of the Strategic Research Council of the Academy of Finland coordinated at the Aalto University School of Science by Professors Ahti Salo and Martti Mäntylä. These projects are Platform Value Now (PVN) and Digital Disruption in Industry (DDI).