Advancements in platform-centric ecosystems can largely be enabled by Internet. The Internet facilitates consumption of which provides utility and happiness to people but cannot be captured through GDP data that measure revenue.
Research questions to be addressed
1. What are the typical features of the current leading global platform ecosystem architectures, transformation dynamics and their impact on national economies?
2. How can the existing digital technology and knowledge capacity be taken into use so that the results will contribute to the GDP?
To conceptualize and operationalize the un-captured GDP
Description of tasks
1. Identify things which cannot be captured in GDP,
2. Analyze mechanism of the shift from captured GDP to un-captured GDP.
3. Conceptualization of un-captured GDP by tracing the contribution of online intermediaries.
Measurement system for un-captured GDP. Assessment of its impact in Finnish GDP.
Un-captured GDP: sources, nature (Year 3); Way to measure un-captured GDP (Year 6).
Pekka Neittaanmäki (leader), University of Jyväskylä.
Chihiro Watanabe, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan; University of Jyväskylä; International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Austria..